April 06, 2009

Korean Authenticity Guaranteed

NYC has a huge Korean population. Many of them are here to learn English and further their studies. A whole lot are at Parsons and FIT. (Kat, you'll know what I mean in the Fall). Most of the friends I've made at school are Korean. It helps that I worked closely with two at Zegna. My friend Miu invited me and our Taiwanese friend over for a home cooked Korean meal and conversation at her place. I have professed my love for their cuisine waaaay too many times I suppose. According to her practice makes perfect. She didn't start cooking until she got married.

How much more authentic can you get?! Awesomeness! Everything looked and tasted good. The names escape me right now so I'll have to ask Miu to list them.


I was the last one to finish eating. I took all the "hiya pieces" as I like to call the last piece of food on the table that everyone would feel "shy" about taking.

They want to try Filipino food later on. No home cooking here. I'll just take them to Grill 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails