April 10, 2009

Easter Thoughts

I think that photo is intense with my favorite sakura/cherry blossoms!

(photo credit:Heaven's Gate on flickr)

Since moving to the US of A, I have lost track of Holy Week. It's not like we get days off to "celebrate" it here. In Manila, our family used to go on these spur of the moment out of town trips to some province or hang out at Highlands and at an Uncle's Tagaytay rest house (which has been sold and is now a restaurant called Pamana that I found out through Our Awesome Planet). One time, my parents just announced on I think Holy Wednesday to "pack your back packs, don't bring a lot" and we ended up in Bicol. Middle of nowhere. My parents would just haul us wherever, whenever. Kamiss din.

Anyways, I'm not that religious so I'm a little confused how one should feel about Easter or how it should be spent. I know it's the resurrection and all that. I did go to a Catholic school. But whatevs, I think so far in the one quarter of the year that has passed, I'm just grateful, content and hopeful. Simple enough? (this is beginning to look like a birthday or new year reflection...kkkkk). Okay, stop na the drama.

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails