July 31, 2010

Klein Tools, Orvis & Fleabags Canvas Bags

On a Home Depot run with my dad, I spied/liked these Klein Tools canvas bags and zip wallets. Now because they're made for construction or carpentry work to lug around tools - hammers, wrenches, screw drivers, drills etc... I expect the weight to be substantial. The frame top is of metal.

The bag retailed from $50-85 and came in different sizes. The plain zip wallet is around $8 and the colored ones that come in a set are $25.
I kept googling and found this at $129 from fly fishing company - Orvis. This can possibly work as an overnight / weekend trip bag.

I kept going at my search and found a brand that actually made this style for us non tool bearing people! Fleabags. I read the About Us page and gathered that their bags are eco-friendly and made for toting around. They have two lines - The Original Flea and The Salt.

The Original Flea comes in four colors white, saddle (tan), coffee bean (chocolate brown) and pebble. Not inexpensive at $440 though. 

The Salt at $480 comes in denim, violet and orange-y colors. 

I love the design / details of these bags - simple canvas body, silkscreened logo, frame top opening, leather bottom. Home Depot is the last place I'd imagine appreciating a bag style. But we can always draw inspiration anytime, anywhere. There's the military trend, the boyfriend trend - why not a hardware trend? I think I can pull this off.

(photo credits: home depot, orvis & fleabags.com)

Follow chelleponce on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails