November 06, 2009

I Bow To All Saints

Read about this UK contemporary brand on WWD early October. Checked the line out last Tuesday at Bloomies for product development silhouette ideas. I want to worship All Saints Spitalfields and make it my latest religion. (Blasphemy!! ). My partner wasn't with me so I had to sneak photos of some knitwear ideas for her to see in the fitting room.

You can loosen the ties and make it longer past your hips, a belt to cinch your waist works too. I took this saint home with the intention of showing my partner and returning it. I couldn't let go. We picked this merino wool ruched cardigan as one of our fashion items.

The details on this sweater dress won me over. Neckline, asymmetric & ribbed hem, invisible pockets.

Cowl neck twisted.

Cowl neck untwisted. I like it better this way for some reason although it's not meant to be styled this way.



Deconstructed hem knit vest. My first thought was, layer!! layer!!

This looked better on the hanger. Not for petite gals like moi. Penguin back would work better for taller women in my humble opinion. It was so comfy on though. The material was sooooft.

Raw edges gave it oomph.

The silhouette of this body skimming dress was basic but the pleating was spot on.

The micro pleats were sooo slimming and hugged your body in all the right places.

I like how easy it is to just throw on their knitwear and look hmmm.... street. Layering would be easier too due to the lightweight knits. It took me eons to go through my pile. I small talked with my namesake salesperson and got selling history. It is flying out the shop in shop at Bloomies @ Lexington Ave. Good information to defend our choice of silhouette and brand. The assortment just works in a lived in, vintage, comfortable yet edgy, street way. Must scrutinize dresses more next. Flagship on Broadway and Spring St in Soho opens next Spring.

Wow. I now love doing homework
. Blasphemy forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails