April 26, 2009

Spring Heat + Busy. Busy. Busy

Friday felt like Spring, the weekend felt like summer sneaked in on us. Where did Spring go?!?!?! My dad and brother's family drove up to Vermont today for work/pleasure and will be back on Tuesday. They're going to ice cream heaven. The Ben & Jerry's plant. My dad wanted me to go and was convincing me to cut class tomorrow. My, my the tables sure have turned. You know you're older when your father encourages you to miss school for a road trip. But being the nerd that I am, I passed. I have a paper/presentation I need to nail down by Thursday which still needs a lot of work. Bait noh? Paying for your own way is a huge factor too. Rain or shine, in sickness and in health, I am there. Last March, a snowstorm hit us in effect cancelling classes, I remember feeling disappointed. Finals are in two weeks time and I am sooo ready to attack them. I just need to get through the projects first. Tests are simpler, you study, take them and it's a done deal. Projects on the flipside seem to never end. There's always, always a way to make it better. I've also accepted an offer to intern at LVMH-Celine's showroom this summer. That should be interesting. Hopefully, my plan works out and I can do two internships.

My shoti and I had lunch today at trusty Baumgart's Cafe at Edgewater. (Nets, this was where I took you). They serve Chinese/American food diner style. There's a branch in our city but we opted to take the short drive because I wanted to sit out in the sun. As the name suggests, it is by the water with an ok view of Manhattan. After stuffing our faces with spicy tuna/salmon salad, chunky lobster and chicken sandwich, waffles, cheese omelettes and lemonades, I drove ourselves home. I dozed off on my brother's bed soon after and napped for four hours. I think I've been tired since school started in January, just throwing my focus on what should be done, the heat today forced me to s-l-o-w down.

Hopefully, the trains don't smell tomorrow from the sudden rise in temperature. The swine flu outbreak is a little freaky as well. Anyways, I have to work on that designer paper/presentation now. Just warming up with a blog.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails