May 13, 2010

Magazines Gone Interactive Via Mobile Tags!

I was flipping through Lucky February 2010 a few weeks ago when I noticed a new magazine 'feature'. It has gone interactive by mobile tagging!


This was the article on picking the right jeans that I was reading and that's the tag on the bottom left. Simply put, you download an app for your phone (Lucky said to download from Gettag.mobi), scan a 2D bar code printed on the page and voila, a video tutorial of the do's and don'ts of buying denim launched. I eagerly looked for other bar codes in the magazine. I learned how to wear a shirt in at least three ways and got hairstyling tips from a live person on video. Coolness. You can't help but feel 'involved' LOL. It's just something extra you know? 

I googled and learned more about this interactive technology on Microsoft Tag. Read more about it here

This must be how print media's keeping up with the digital times. Keep your eyes open for those tags! A discount or promotion might just be a scan away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails