August 05, 2009

Book Notes: Influence

From Influence by Ashley / Mary Kate Olsen

- " I think that creativity is not something you calculate. It sounds very pretentious to talk about it like that, but I ultimately think that if you're creative, you can apply it to millions of different things; it doesn't really matter what you ultimately do with it. And today's creativity, because of the pace people create for the ones who do anything, has to be multitalented and multitasked. "
-----Alexander de Betak, fashion producer

- " Andy (Warhol) really believed in work, and I think work will save everybody. I think the sooner you can figure out something you like to do and get into it the better
-----Bob Colacello, fashion journalist

- " You can't question those things. I would never question anything - like, who cares? There's always tomorrow. One door closes, two doors open. "
-----Franciso Costa, Calvin Klein creative director

- "It's always a little bit of the same in the sense that I am inspired by women and I design to inspire them. I love women. I mean, I love men too, but I respect women so much. I think women are so strong, so interesting, so resilient, all of that. I was lucky because I became the woman I wanted to be, through fashion. And therefore while I was becoming that woman I was giving other women the tools to be the women they wanted to be. That's what turns me on. "
-----Diane Von Furstenberg, fashion designer

- "Knowledge. It's the most important thing we can do. More important than personal love, more important than children, more important than money. It's the most important thing we can share. I want to be a wise woman. I didn't want to be a rich woman or a married woman or this woman or that woman. I wanted to be a wise woman. And everybody laughed at me when they saw it in the paper. They thought I was being pretentious. But I was real. I still want to be one. I guess they thought our wise women were little crones who lived in the woods... They were wrong. Wise women are beautiful women who've experienced a lot and have a lot to give back just with words.
-----Lauren Hutton, model

- " What makes a woman chic? When she doesn't represent anybody else. When she is just herself. Chic is when a woman is in harmony with herself. I hate everything that is artificial bullshit, in a direction that is not you, that you're pushing to be someone else. "

" I love timeless things and I think art i something really timeless. I don't like trendy things. I like to work on style and not on fashion."
-----Giambattista Valli, fashion designer

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails