March 07, 2009

Barbara Millicent Roberts Is 50

Wow. Barbie's hitting the big 5-0 on Monday, March 9th. She is officially golden! I don't know any girl then who didn't want a Barbie. I'm not sure about little girls these days though. I heard Bratz was beating her? (they look distorted,panget) From memory, I had Rockstar Barbie (the absolute favorite), Swimming Pool Barbie, Kitchen Barbie, the dollhouse, the car, Flight Attendant Barbie among others. I ruined her hair (gave her a bath, shampoo and all) and face (put make up) from playing. I have kept maybe two or three special edition ones to this day in their original boxes. She's been criticized for her voluptuous body as being unrealistic, whatevs, she's still awesome isn't she? At least the idea of her being all that she can be thus all the careers and nationalities that she has morphed into through the years. That's a takeaway in itself. View Slate's Big Money.com feature.





She was celebrated at NY Fashion Week F/W 2009. Check out bellasugar's feature and Nitrolicious's video of the finale.

Now Karl Lagerfeld's Barbies will appear in an exhibition at French store collette next week.



Oh my gulay, only from THE KARL. AAAAAAAHHHH. I want me that Chanel suit Barbie!!! How do I get one!??!?!?!

Happy 50th Barbie!!!

(photo credits:collette.fr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails