February 17, 2009

ZZegna F/W 2009 Show

NY Fashion Week F/W 09 is in full swing. I pulled strings and managed to go to the ZZegna show at Pier 90 last Monday.


The holding area was a sea of black outfits as guests started arriving. Typical of NY. I too was in black/gray. It's the safest color to wear I guess.


I didn't bother taking pictures. You have to people watch and mingle of course. The ZZegna show wouldn't be star studded but I spied Tyrese Gibson and Mark Indelicato (Justin of Ugly Betty) who was so little and adorable!!

(photo credit:zimbio)

I expected ZZegna to invite The Sartorialist and kept on scanning the room! I did find him!!! I was only five feet away! Woohoo! Just really curious about the man behind the famous blog that's all. He was the only semi-celeb I really wanted to see.

(photo credit:christopher peterson)

I also spied Giovanna whom he takes pictures of all the time! She was stunning in such an effortless, nonchalant way. No wonder she's a Sartorialist favorite.

(photo credit:style)

It was past 5pm when they called people in to be seated. The light blacked out, electronica/techno music started playing and the models started stomping on the wet runway. Less than 10 minutes later, it was all over, designer Alessandro Sartori took his bow and people started milling out. I guess most were rushing to their next fashion show.

It doesn't hurt to ask (for anything really). I did get in didn't I? You kind of have to fight for volunteer slots through FIT and all I had to do was make a phone call to the NY showroom. I can not think of a better way to blow out of my stint at Zegna but with the IT men's F/W 09 runway show!!! It is bittersweet but hey, I am hopeful that my decision will lead to better and more fulfilling experiences in the fashion business. May there be more to come!

Happy NY Fashion Week!! I can't wait for the class discussions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails