January 14, 2009

Topshop Soho: Please Open Already

I brunched in the area two Saturdays ago. I saw that it was still boarded up. The huge flagship in Soho is taking foreverrrrrr. I can use another affordable, tried and tested chain to hit around there. Hopefully soon!!!


In Racked.com today, it was reported that Topshop has been denied permission to serve liquor in store on the first floor due to zoning rules on Broadway Ave. I've had drinks at the Mercer Kitchen on Prince and Bar 89 on Mercer. How is this different from giving permission to bars, pubs, lounges, clubs etc??? Is it because they're not situated along Broadway Ave? Is this one reason for the delay??? Just thinking. I'm weird that way.


I suddenly remembered a shopping experience ages ago. The French Connection (FCUK) closest to us at the mall did this once to draw traffic in. Of course since this is the US of A, IDs were checked at the door and then it was free booze all around. I forget now (a little bit too much of the bubbly perhaps) what they were promoting then but the clothes were at a substantial discount. You get to bring home a bottle or two of the drinks they were serving. My younger brother sure ended up buying more than what he actually planned. I guess it was successful in turning would be shoppers into actual customers. Free booze = shopping sense out the window.

Hey, whatever works. May I learn more in my advertising and marketing classes soon.

(photo credit:racked.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails