January 07, 2009

Like In The Movies

I am naming this post "Like In The Movies" because that's how I felt when I got into a minor car accident after work yesterday.

I was on my way to the bank from the yoga studio where I had just signed up for 50 more classes. Music blaring, me singing then BAM!!! Next thing I know, I have my head on the steering wheel and found myself fumbling for my cell phone. I was dialing 911 but didn't even get to talk to anyone because literally two minutes later a cop knocks on my window, I see a fire truck behind me and an ambulance zip by. The cop asks how I was to which I respond: "How does my car look like?!?!?!! I was just calling 911, you guys are quick!" I guess I was in shock and wasn't thinking straight. He laughed and said "your little car's fine but now let's have you looked at first." So the paramedic started shining a flashlight towards my eyeballs and gave me the okay but still asked if I wanted to get taken to the hospital to which I said hell no! I signed release papers and they were off. At this point, I called my parents. My dad showed up a few minutes later. The cop stuck around to file the report. When he saw me and my dad assessing the damage, he used his loudspeaker (he was in his cop car) and jokingly said as if he was god: "I know a good place where you can get a good deal on the repair!"

The car that hit me from behind was a Thunderbird (so matigas ang kaha) driven by an older woman who said her foot just slipped. The car I hit was some Subaru with two people. Thank goodness nobody got hurt. I'm just sore from the lower back up to my neck. Other than that, I should be A-OK!

Oh diba? Parang palabas with the pulis and everything????! Surreal kasi nakikita mo lang to sa TV sa Pinas. I should have taken pictures!!!! Joke lang po. Now, I just need to pick up the police report on Friday and figure out the whole insurance coverage shebang. I'm dreading having to pay for anything. Wala naman akong kasalanan.

May this be my first and ONLY car accident. I was a little spooked driving this morning but all's well that end's well! CHEERS!!! Drive safe everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails