January 13, 2009

Lanvin Obsession / First Win On Ebay

No, I did not bid nor win Lanvins on ebay. I've just been crazy obsessing over these leather cap toe knee boots (far left in image) that have been playing hide and seek on Barneys.com over the last month and a half. They have been marked down to $399 from $1005 retail. I guess the woeful economy is in some ways an equalizer of sorts. Still a lot of money for budget strapped shoppers like yours truly but unbeatable prices for Lanvins!!!! (maybe if I repeat this one more time I'll actually believe it myself).

I could not take the game anymore and needed to know if fate would let me have them. I called Barneys yesterday and of course they did not have my size. The sweet dude on the phone said:"Next time, don't wait too long honey! Maybe in the next fall/winter?" Well, if I can afford full price I would not wait at all!!! It was absolute love at first sight in Paris. I didn't think to inquire about them there. I can't think of why. One day, Lanvin. One day.






Let's talk about what I did win. I adore the recently discontinued Breathe line from Bath and Body Works. (why!?! why!??! why??!!!) The Delight (orange) line in particular. It says "uplifting tamarind nectar" on the label but I think it's Clinique Happy-ish. Citrusy hint. Very light. I panicked when I couldn't find it in stores or online as I'm more than half way through my fragrance mist bottle. I had to resort to ebay. I won the auction against seven other bidders while juggling work emails and hitting the F5 key last Monday. It arrived yesterday. Now I can breathe, delightfully at that. Oh the joys of online shopping.


It's a little too early to be talking about elusive footwear and extinct product lines isn't it? At five something in the morning? I'm just waiting for online registration to start in a few. I've prepared five sets of bearable class schedules. The last of which I came up with just before going to bed last night which I now deem as the must-get schedule. Wish me luck.

(photo credits:barneys & bathandbodyworks.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails