December 31, 2008

Movie Notes: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

After five days of hibernation, I went out to get some sun and saw this with my good Korean friend. He thought Brad Pitt was the only reason I wanted to see it. Well, maybe 50%. KkKk. But really, I was curious how they were going to pull off aging somebody backwards. Brad is not just a pretty face. (but boy, you can put him in a sack and he'd still be on fire). Cate Blanchett was great/gorgeous too by the way. I've wanted to see this movie the very first time the trailer was released. I read mixed reviews and knew I had to see it asap regardless. My friend said that if it turned out to be some stupid-hyped-up-by-Brad flick that he would disown me. He was SO wrong. The dude loved it as much as I did.

For what it was trying to impart about truly living.

I don't want to give any spoilers/details but one of my favorite comic relief parts was when this one character would talk about the seven times he got struck by lightning. A short, silent movie depicting each instance would pop out which really cracked me up. One I-almost-teared-up part was when their age finally matched. Throw in the sunrise scenes. I do love, love stories. *sigh*

Now I want to read the actual short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. There are quite a few takeaways I want to keep.

Watch the movie with an open mind. I think it's fitting to start the new year with.

http://www.benjaminbutton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails