October 21, 2008

Making Strides

I never understood what walking could possibly do for a cause. Now I do. I did my first breast cancer walk last Sunday, October 19th at Woodbury Commons at a coworker's sister's invitation. Here are the results:

-----------------
Subject: 2008 Walkathon Results
We are very pleased to report that Sunday's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walkathon at Woodbury Common raised a total of $820,000 with 10,000 registered walkers. Sincere congratulations to everyone at Woodbury for another amazing event.
The Roseland Corporate Office was represented by 97 walkers (30 employees and 67 guests.) The Corporate Office raised a total of $28,610 from employees and Company -- an all time high!
We would like to thank those employees who assisted in the coordination of this effort, those who participated in the Walk, and those who so generously pledged.
You make us proud.
-------------------------------------
The whole point of it is advocacy. Now I am talking about it. Spreading the word. My mom lost one of her dearest friend to breast cancer not too long ago. I hope to never experience that.

Maybe we are mere steps away from finding the cure.
See you next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails