August 30, 2008

Sergeant: "Nothing Personal Miss"

Cars were crawling because of the Labor Day long weekend traffic rush. I decided to take not so familiar back roads to avoid the highways with the help of my navigator and I get pulled over for speeding. Just great. The one day I go off the usual route, this happens. I was going 43mph on a 25mph zone daw on radar. I tried crying/birthday dramatics and "I don't need this right now" to get off but I guess I'm not a good artista. Buti hindi ko siya kinareer when I had the chance 21 years ago.

Sabi ko pa: "Please let me go (parang ikukulong), I promise to pay more attention next time. I'm not familiar with this area and I was just mindlessly following my GPS to avoid traffic "

Ang sagot: "Nothing personal Miss! Just appear in court and plead not guilty and I'm sure you'll get off easy given this is your first offense on record" Pucha if court would let it pass why couldn't he just do it??? Sa isip ko translation: " It's the end of the month and I need to reach my quota" Jerk!!! Boo!

Bear with me, first timer na mahuli talaga eh. Sige na, speeding na. I guess it was bound to happen but the timing amazes me. Now I'm going to be $105 poorer (better to just pay the fee than the hassle of taking a day off to go to court) with 4 license points to my name, I think it only takes 6 to get really screwed. Points which don't go away for at least a year.

Lesson learned na. Susundin na po yung speed limit. Pero to our dear Sgt. --- Have a nice life, I hope I'll always be the girl you gave a speeding ticket to 1.5 days before her birthday! I hope your kids don't get "nothing personal" when they start speeding later on. Congratulations on making your dollars this month.

From now on, I will be more aware of speed limits and will avoid back roads as much as possible too as I think I'm just not cut out to go that slow. You'll always remember the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails