June 16, 2010

Because The Kate Spade Case Said So

I got the 3GS soon after it was released last year. I wasn't keen on getting a case right away. It was always in my bag  and I couldn't find one that I liked functionally and aesthetically anyway at that time. I didn't think much of it until I went to Manila. I kind of 'got scolded' by many. Why don't you have a protective sheet? You don't have a case? You're going to scratch it! Don't you know you can still resell it at a good price? 

My first case was stolen while on vacation in Manila earlier this year. I loved that one, it was an awesome electric blue and given by a dear friend. After replacing my iPhone, I became protective of it. I had spied the Kate Spade New York silicone case before but decided on a less expensive choice.  It wasn't even two months old when that broke - the adhesive that bound the rubber part to the plastic casing wore off, I'm thinking from the heat generated by the iPhone. There goes the second. Annoying. The iPhone related drama wouldn't end.

I'm now on my third in six months. I went back to my first choice. I'm content with this striped beauty. Why an entire post on a cellphone casing? This is not just about the search for the right case. The case interior has an inscription that was unexpected but very much welcome - HAVE COURAGE. At this time, I can use all the encouragement or 'signs' that are shown to me or at least those I choose to see. These two words are now part of my personal commandments (maybe I'll write about them one time, my list is a work in progress).  


So okay Kate, I will have courage! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again soon okay? =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails